Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gay Rights

Today's topic was a topic I really have been struggling with to really come to terms with. I have been back and forth with this several times in the past, but because of today's discussion I have finally made up my mind where I would like to stand.
It was mentioned that in our constitution it states that all men are created equal and that all should be given the same opportunities in life as any other man. What really irks me is that because someone is gay they can't get married! This is a load of bull! I think that just because a man or a woman has a different sexual preference doesn't mean that they can't get married or have any other job or right that any one else can have. It's not right because it goes against our constitutional rights and therefore something needs to be done about it. Oh...and one last thing, just because some religious texts, like the Bible, say that marriage is between a man and a woman doesn't mean you have to abide by those rules. Whoever wrote this can go jump off a cliff into a pit of sharp rocks for all I care, as the church, and anyone else who wants to interfere with someones personal life, does not have a right to do so, and it is not their place to begin with.

No comments:

Dark Knight Trailer #3 (Newly Released)